Instant Own
March 28, 2024, 10:54:36
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ioclan.tk domain remains.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

Very sad message

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Very sad message  (Read 10296 times)
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 36

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2010, 02:37:26 »

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry to have to break your Christmas with such news as this, but we've finally made the decision. IO is going to close.

Damn that was a hard sentence to get over with. I'll miss this place a lot, everything we've build since little over a year ago... But it's the right thing, we aren't active enough to stay alive as a clan on our own.

Well as the people who know me are used to, I love colleting statistics. So here's a nice list lol:
2 715 - Unique visitors per month (average).
35 295 - Total number of unique people visiting our website.
89 777 - Total number of pages loaded by those visitors.
6 906 - Average number of pages loaded every month.
7 020 - Number of people visiting our website in August (busiest month).
13 629 - Number of pages viewed by our visitors in August.
1 210 - Number of posts in August (averaging nearly 40 posts every day).
6 514 - Number of posts we made in total (excluding this one).
4 140 - Number of posts by Tiny and me (omfg lol).
18.93 - Ammount of posts per day (averaged - and im surprised Shocked).
12d15h - Time I spent on this forum.
12d02h - Time Tiny spent on this forum (owned =D).
367 - Total numer of topics (Me: 171 - Tiny: 61).
39% - Traffic from France (last 500 visits).
25% - Traffic from Mother Russia (last 500..).
14% - Traffic from Italy (WTF do italians do here Shocked)
6% - Traffic from me - aka traffic from the netherlands Tongue
55 - Posts by the most posting non-clanmember (and who has never been in). Gratz Peter Sillie, you just made it into the top-10 of most active posters!
838 - Number of posts we made in the Nr.100 topic, but we'll go to 1000!
Just over 1 year - Time IO lived.

Allright I guess that's enough for now lol. Here is our stats center if you want to see more: http://io.smfforfree3.com/index.php?action=stats
And the statcounter statistics are public too, though I didn't know untill i checked like a second ago Tongue http://statcounter.com/project/standard/stats.php?project_id=5399952&guest=1

Then let's move on to more serious business.

I would like to thank everyone who has been supporting the clan in any way for the past year. Especially I'll be naming our members and ex-members (not in order):
- Tiny for his friendship, even before we were in W.B= together (which was before we started IO, for the less informed). Also I'd like to thank him hugely for his sublime leadership the last months.
- Wh!pP3r for bringing in very good ideas often and cheering me up so often (no matter what was on my mind, I'd be sure to get rid of it within 3 minutes when he was on msn).
- Diho for the nice programming work, both for this website, OACon, and other projects we worked on and are working on.
- Oleg for always trying to bring in new ideas to improve things.
- BigDaddy for being so cheerfull (might sound silly, but it's something not everyone is Wink )
- Titanium also for being cheerfull and nice to play with.

Then everyone who contributed to our clan by being a nice part of the family:
- strAnger
- VagabondBGC
- AssY
- SamSpeed
- drunken
- Oxyd
- Pain
- Cheers
- BlueSKY
- Bonchi Osamu

That you don't have a special description doesn't mean we don't like you Wink Tongue Without you IO wouldn't be where it is right now (and I'm not referring to the fact that we're closing now lol... you get what I mean).

Then I'd like to announce that Tiny and I will move to our 'cousin-clan': *Revolution. Oleg, BigDaddy, Titanium: You are welcome as well Smiley (we've talked with Stoner already). More details on the internal forums soon (tomorrow ifnot tonight). I also want to appologise that we have to close IO, and maybe that we didn't discuss this with you but just made the decision. I believe it was the right thing though, we wouldn't have done it if we had any doubt. Sorry if I make you sad by this though.
For Bonchi and BlueSKY, I'm sorry but you did not show enough activity on the forums. Because of that, I can't offer the same invitation to you I'm afraid. You are free to apply on your own of course.
Btw to oleg/daddy/tita: You are, ofcourse, also free to do whatever you prefer, if you would rather stay clanless or join another clan we're completely fine with that. It's just that we didn't want to leave our members without an option to join us in a future family. I've experienced once when the rM leader closed the clan and just deleted the website, it was quite a sad day... Didn't want to do that to our loved members, it's sad enough IO isn't active enough to exist on it's own.

This website will remain for as long as possible, after that I hope the internet archive (archive.org) will have records of this website... It should already have but I can't find anything at the moment. Else I'll try to backup the website some day, just a view-only version (smfforfree doesn't let me download the database), so we can at least read it. Reply if you would want this.
The permissions will remain the same, our current members will be able to view the private forums in the future and everyone else won't. Old members could be concidered though (just reply or pm me).

So... well that's pretty much it I think... could be I forgot tons of stuff, but don't think so lol. If someone else has some impressive speech, I'll quote you on the bottom of this post so people don't have to read the entire topic to see it (not sure if we'll get many replies though.. but incase).

Hmm I did forget one thing: I should thank SMF For Free for the hosting with only now and then some minor problems. For someone who just needs a simple though quite customisable forum it's a very nice start Smiley I wouldn't start the forum here again now (because I can't edit the PHP and backup the database myself), but I'm not as newb anymore so for others who are less experienced with this stuff it's still recommendable ^^

Best wishes for the future to all, especially with the new year around the corner.

Sincerely,
RMF (aka Luc)
Proud to be :) ex-clanleader and website administrator of IO.

PS: I used nicknames rather than our real names incase someone prefers his name not to be known to the whole world.
PS2: I forgot to add: if anyone got any questions at all, please ask them (just reply)!! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:25:45 by RMF » Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 101

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 08:20:54 »

Idk what to say more, you quite said everything for public, and i need some minutes to be able to write correctly again.
To my mates: i will answer in private.

But i must do a little post me too, there's not anything to add really, except that i think:

I wanted to thanks RMF for everything he did for the clan, without him, IO wouldn't have existed, and wouldn't have been what it was. Thanks.

And, i don't need to add anything else here.

Tiny.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't kill this poor and tiny noob XD
BigDaddy
Clan members
if you don't see me online im finally trying to get a life

Awards: 23

Fake will end soon. Fackers are dead :P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 09:55:09 »

Dont want long post, cause very sad to write  :-/ Just Thank you guys for nice time we all spent together with nice games and cheerful talks. But i dont say bb i say cya in *r  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

WTF 24! Best bank u may find! (c)
Oleg
Clan members
Posts faster than his shadow

Awards: 25

NO WAR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 17:07:02 »

Just want to say - thank you for nice time, i have spent with u here. I will always remember it. I am sorry, i wasn't enough active.
To visitors of ioclan.tk: thank u for talking with us, but dont be worry, we are still alive, still love oa, so - see u in arenas, ladies and genttlemen!;)
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Silie

Awards: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 18:28:20 »

WTF?

Sad

Anyway: was a pleasure to stay here with you (even if i wasn´t that spam machine in the last weeks).
Whish all the best to all of you and i guess, that i still will see the most of you on *r or our own site!

Regards

GoD|Peter Silie
Report Spam   Logged
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 20:17:48 »

I am sorry, i wasn't enough active.
It was a combination on things, you shouldn't be sorry! Smiley

but dont be worry, we are still alive, still love oa, so - see u in arenas, ladies and genttlemen!;)
Exactly, that's the spirit Wink

I wanted to thanks RMF for everything he did for the clan, without him, IO wouldn't have existed, and wouldn't have been what it was. Thanks.
Ty Smiley

But i dont say bb i say cya in *r Grin
Nice Smiley

WTF?

Sad

Anyway: was a pleasure to stay here with you (even if i wasn´t that spam machine in the last weeks).
Whish all the best to all of you and i guess, that i still will see the most of you on *r or our own site!

Regards

GoD|Peter Silie
Yeah it might be a surprise for many people... and that's why we needed to close. It was too silent here, and we just couldn't make things work out with trainings and such.
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
diho
Active poster

Awards: 21

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 20:56:40 »

Sad to hear( read ) all this. But it's true IO had been inactive for quite some time.
But the most important thing right now is, that you guys keep on playing OA, we won't like losing you guys  Smiley

So I wish you all the best in whatever you gonna do right now  Grin But if one of you dears to leave oa, we will all kill you! xD

grtz Diho
Report Spam   Logged
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 21:49:51 »

Hehe thx Wink

Btw thanks everyone for celebrating our death so massively ^^ lol
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Dark-Stranger
be nice i'm new!

Awards: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 22:32:55 »

o noooooo!
I'm very sad about this!
You was a great clan !!!
we have a lot of fun, each game was always good with you.. and above all always very difficult Wink..

Goodbye IO Sad

Bellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa from all GaNja Clan!
Report Spam   Logged

/GaNja/^L!ght3r
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 23:14:03 »

You was a great clan !!!
we have a lot of fun, each game was always good with you.. and above all always very difficult Wink..
Thanks for that Smiley
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 23:34:34 by RMF » Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Wh!pP3r
VIP

Awards: 9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 02:10:29 »

OMG! So sad and choqued to read that.....

Well, i guess it's the right choice... trust you my friends...
It has been a great clan, and i'll never forget the good times we had, from his birth, and will always be proud of having been part of his history...

This is the end... but prolly the begining of great other adventures Wink

With love,

Wh!pP3r.
Report Spam   Logged

IO*Wh!pP3r
Oxyd

Awards: 6

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 16:23:49 »

Sad to hear Cry but it's nice that you still play OA at least... See you in *r then Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Gauntlets are nice ! Don't forget them ! Cheesy
Rock n Roll RoBOT
Now I've posted a bit

Awards: 2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 00:07:30 »

Really sad News, IOs was a nice clan because was formed by nice people.

In any way clan is closed but all IO member remain!

Hope to see you all on OA again, not matter the tag or clan, what I desire is see again mr. Andrew, mr. RMF, mr. Tiny, mr. Oleg, mr. Cheers and all others play and have fun!

In fact that's not a goodbye, is a SEE YOU ON OA!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 03:03:44 »

Thanks RoBOT, we will ofcourse remain fragging Cool

Cu ingame - wait, I already did tonight Cheesy
Cu ingame next time Grin
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Peter Silie

Awards: 5

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 18:57:28 »

Dear IOs,

RMF, Tiny, B!gDaddy, OLEG, BlueSky and Bonchi!

I will stop visiting this site now Sad
I hope, that we still see us on other sites (*r, GoD, oa) and servers.
Also i hope, that you all will find a clan, which fit your needs.

CU

Peter
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

+--ignore-