Instant Own
March 29, 2024, 14:48:51
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ioclan.tk domain remains.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

no NO NOOO

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: no NO NOOO  (Read 482 times)
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 36

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2010, 23:33:44 »

DAMN IT
for some reason, could be various actually, my account was removed from 000webhost. I used this host for the upload service and various other things .. or various, a LOT of other things. About every PHP script I ever made (and didn't delete) is on there.

I had 2x1TB harddisks here, one was the main internal and another external with random stuff and backups. The external one broke spontaneously about 2months off warranty, and I could only get it repaired for 1350eur (**** seagate, hard). It contained movies (mostly downloaded, but also few paid though), cd's/dvd's I copied and threw away, virtual machines, a whole library of music, and the data of about 2 other pc's from which the harddrives were formatted after the copy.
Then holidays came, 1 week away. I had like 1 day between it happened and that we'd leave, so no chance on getting a new harddisk and backupping my whole system.
First night on holidays, I dropped my laptop. Screen broke :/ It didn't have much important on, just a pity. It was "very" old (2001, but for computer terms that's very old) and had just 500MHz IntelP3 with 64MB RAM (same as my phone Tongue), but I really liked the thing. It had personality, and it was awesome to discover more and more I could do with such old crap (had Win2000 running btw). An external screen isn't really an option, it has some weird connection for it but I've never seen anything like it. Might not even be a display connection. I might get the data back by just unscrewing the harddrive and getting some 2.5"IDE to whatever (usb/3.5"IDE/SATA) converter and copying, but it wasn't really worth it.
After the holidays, I had backupped this webhosting account, just in case you know.. Also backed up this forum and other sites which are of value to me (like oachallenge1) with some program.
My external drive was still broken (about 5 days between I got home and second holidays of 2weeks started so still didn't bother to hurry getting a new one). I could use the SATA>USB converter from it, and use it for my internal harddrive. Last-minute (else I'd have bought another harddrive) I decided to take the internal with converter with me on holidays, being very carefull I thought it'd survive. Appearently not... 2 days into the holidays, my brother accidently picked up our parents laptop, not noticing the harddrive was still attached (and running). So the thing fell of a table and when I reconnected it the only thing it did was making some weird noises (trying to boot I think).
Now I also lost my account with megabytes of code, experiments and small services. As both drives broke, I don't have any backup of anything anymore. I can start over on the php code of Aerocide, a game I'm working on. All photo's and other things members uploaded are lost, including the script to upload obviously but that's like 5 minutes work. The nexttraining/match app we have here in private is dead, including a custom build admin panel. OACon website is dead. A autodownload folder I was working on (was collecting all autodownload websites from servers from dpmaster into one, current size over 600 maps) is totally gone. A hosting company I was starting to setup (but which was a paused) together with Diho is gone (hope he has a backup). Etcetera etcetera etcetera.

Now I have pretty much the feeling I lost everything I could on my computer, but it also makes me realise things. Life goes on Smiley But I kinda hate that saying by now, too standard. So what I mean is that as long as you still have your friends and family, you can loose anything. It sure matters, but by far not as much as when you would loose a friend.
So with that I conclude this, and I'll try to stick to it. But this still sucks balls.

Sorry that you had to read this all, I just wanted to write it off me. As most people here are friends, I guess you'll understand Smiley
Thanks,
Luc.

PS I'll start cleaning the site from all non-working crap tomorrow. REALLY gotta go now before my father really pulls the computers power out. /edit: pretty much done now. If you spot anything, please tell me by replying./
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 20:34:20 by RMF » Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 101

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:18:28 »

Aw sucks, how that happenned??
It means we lost all the uploads on your service? Undecided

Actually that sucks ye, really hard, what's more we can't really get it back. ( or except if we ( you ) do all that again, but that's too much work )

But well, we didn't loose the forum, and you didn't loose us, we're still there, unbrokable Tongue as our friendship Cheesy Wink
I'm sad too about that, but at least, the only thing i miss now is the next training thing ( uploader didn't work for .pga files Tongue ye mac sucks i know Grin ), and well, even if it was nice and all, it's not so much important, it's not all these stuff that makes IO, it's us, and we're still there, so don't worry anymore, we're here and we love you Kiss Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Don't kill this poor and tiny noob XD
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:06:14 »

hehe thanks Smiley
I'm going to try to get my files back this evening. I'd have done it right away but no time and i didn't think of mailing them yesterday. I don't have much chance, but i gotta try ofcourse.
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Oleg
Clan members
Posts faster than his shadow

Awards: 25

NO WAR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 12:58:38 »

oh damn!!! Angry really sad things, i know it because i lost my data at harddrives several times.. family photos, important documents, other usefull staff..
But dont be sad, Luc! everybody sometimes loses something... For example, i lost my phone 1-1,5 weeks ago Sad all telephone numbers of my friends, family, classmates - all was lost! + i liked that phone very much, it was samsung M3510 Music edition, very light, thin, and comfortable one.. but, yea, life is going on, your friends are here, with u, so no need to cry! Grin

P.S. Damn it, i must back up my data here, tnx for advice, Luc!
Report Spam   Logged
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 13:22:42 »

Lol ed, always think about back-ups! Or buy a time capsule and a mac Tongue ( and it's done automaticly Grin )
Actually, on that computer, i only do " back-ups " for my lessons, slideshow and only work stuff Shocked ( the opposite of what i do at home Tongue )
Report Spam   Logged

BigDaddy
Clan members
if you don't see me online im finally trying to get a life

Awards: 23

Fake will end soon. Fackers are dead :P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 18:14:23 »

Damn u lost a lot!  Embarrassed  Undecided But i hope our friendship is important enough to make make u forget all bad things  Wink.

Good luck and dont worry, be happy! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

WTF 24! Best bank u may find! (c)
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 18:19:52 »

hmmmm i just realised I also lost a website i was building for a company... They won't be happy
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 22:09:24 »

Fack them! Big companies are getting rich on the poor poors guys!! They're just **** capitalists!!! ( that was how my latin teacher spoke Tongue )
Report Spam   Logged

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 02:09:32 »

lol
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
BigDaddy
Clan members
if you don't see me online im finally trying to get a life

Awards: 23

Fake will end soon. Fackers are dead :P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 10:26:08 »

Btw who deleted my post?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

WTF 24! Best bank u may find! (c)
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 11:04:45 »

Wich? I didn't touch any posts here Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 15:04:48 »

Last time I removed a post here was months ago, see how kind I am!
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 15:58:27 »

Lol, i removed some posts but only on upcoming matches topic Tongue
Report Spam   Logged