Instant Own
April 20, 2024, 15:14:08
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ioclan.tk domain remains.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

What the **** (oacl)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What the **** (oacl)  (Read 385 times)
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 36

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2010, 21:39:17 »

* PS37CTF is definitely replaced by PS37CTF3 (except for Elimination challenge
what the ****

005a - The /capturelimit of official matches is set to 5.
sucks

006 - The FPS will be limited to 125 on official league servers.
makes no sense

010 - If any official match is not played in the 4 next days after the official date, a forced abandonment will be requested by the referee.
First we got 3 months to play the match, and when it is set but cannot be played we have half a week to replan -.-

011 - If a team is not in cause of unplayed match in 4 days after the official date, this team can request the win by total abandoning in the Matches' Complains Forum or directly to the official referee of the unplayed match.
015 - If a match is finaly played on a map who is NOT in the official Maps List, a request of cancelling can be requested in the Matches' Complains Forum.
wait the other team has to REQUEST that you loose when you violate a rule?!

012 - The official match TEAM A vs TEAM B is played on 2 games with 2 maps : TEAM A's chosen map and TEAM B's chosen map.
013 - If both of teams have chosen the same map for a match, they play 2 games on the same map.
#13 fails, too obvious

037 - Official League servers have 20 free spots away matches. When 8 players (4vs4) are ready for official match, and the referee is ready to watch the match, he will ask other spectators to disconnect. There is no spectators allowed except the official referee. When 8 players and referee are only, the referee will set /maxclients 9 (or more if more than 1 referee or admin is available) and /map_restart. The match can be started.
Absolutely Rubbish.

038 - If, during a match, a player is suddenly disconnected, every players must to stop moving ingame. The left player's team is allowed to bring a remplacing player immediately. If the player reconnect after some minutes, the referee is allowed to order a /callvote timelimit adding minutes left during the player absence.
if abused - total mess. Though it does enable us to switch player, just say in teamchat ure switching, disconnect, and then another of us is "trying to get another player" or something... Not good that it has to work like that but w/e

021 - The team leaders will must to schedule their selection matches by their own means
rolfcopter
(don't hesitate to use the Matches' Arrangements Forum for that)
like anyone's gonna check that every 2 days or something
edit: or every 50hours -.-
025 - The referee must to post official match date at least 50 hours before. If the official date is posted after less than 50 hours before the match, the team leaders can request a match cancelling on the Matches' Complains Forum.
wth

026 - The referee can NOT be in one of both playing teams.
Quote from: ninja
lolz
/me chokes of laughing
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 22:50:14 by RMF » Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

drunken
Posts faster than his shadow

Awards: 32

rookie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 23:52:54 »

* PS37CTF is definitely replaced by PS37CTF3 (except for Elimination challenge
what the ****

yes, what the ****.. the respawn points on ps37ctf3 are suck.. !
Report Spam   Logged
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 23:54:54 »

that too
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 101

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:18:51 »

Well, that ( ps37ctf3 ) sucks, and some of the rules are not really nice too Undecided
But i didn't see the capturelimit was 5 Shocked Shocked I don't really like that Lips Sealed

026 - The referee can NOT be in one of both playing teams.

And this one is sooo nice Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Don't kill this poor and tiny noob XD
Wh!pP3r
VIP
Posts faster than his shadow

Awards: 9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 15:28:35 »

Hello Smiley

Well, true that some rules, and little things are anoying.

Imo, it's just sometime too sophisticated, complicated.  But we, as any clans, were free to join it or not...  We maybe should have think about it before...

Remember when we made the challenge, it was very different, more simple, but there was also people disliking the way we did it...  And i was not the last to tell "have u even try to set anything?" etc...

I mean, this is a bigger event than the one we did, our was, as we used to say, an humble one.  And the more things are "official" the more rules are strict.. just as irl... i played rugby, and i never was tested for doping, while i could have been kicked for doping sometimes lol.
Well, my explaination is not so clear, hope u get what i mean.

Oh, ofc, we can give our opinion, np about it, but the most important is to stick to those rules, wether we like them or not... Just accept them, and try to reach the higher rank as possible...

Note: i know u wont like this post, i know u just said what u think, i'm not "against" u, just also saying what i think, complaining wont change anything....

Report Spam   Logged

IO*Wh!pP3r
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 21:04:11 »

Agree with you charly Wink, even if we don't like some rules, it's not nice to heard guys complaining ( i know because of oac Tongue )
Report Spam   Logged

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 21:25:03 »

We maybe should have think about it before...
seems you got my point

I mean, this is a bigger event than the one we did
oh? We could have added one more gametype without problem.

there was also people disliking the way we did it
True, though we tried to listen. Exa the timelimit was set to 15, but everyone wanted 20 so it became that. Here the caplimit is 5, since when do ppl like that?

the most important is to stick to those rules, wether we like them or not..
of course we will

i know u wont like this post
Shocked I thought you knew me by now Tongue
i dont mind your at all, it's just part of the discussion! without positive crisicism -or however you spell it- we could better go back to being apes cuz discussions aren't possible without Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 21:46:08 »

Hehe, well, i will try to get darkal, and will ask him to explain me a little bit more about how he did the rules, i didn't see any polls for cap limit, or removing ps37ctf Angry Lips Sealed
And maybe, if we're a lot asking for caplimit: 8 and adding ps37ctf, it will come back ( but i guess all the teams will ask to remove ps37 from insta just because of us Grin Grin )
Report Spam   Logged

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 23:21:38 »

lmao maybe
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 12:44:05 »

Not maybe, surely!!! Cheesy Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Darkal
Now I've posted a bit

Awards: 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 00:43:46 »

RMF.. You are in the staff of this league and you didn't posted this observations on the official forum ? This is a real "WTF?"...

But, very quickly about the most important :

- I have no time tonight to answer about all your requests.. But there was a LOT of discussions about PS37CTF, it's a little bit late to say now "wtf ?"

- No spectators for matches to avoid Mumble cheat (a lot of discussions was about it too)

- /capturelimit 5 because we have a loooooot of matches to play, it will be a little bit more fair :
if 1 very good clan play vs 1 very new clan, and win 8 - 0 he will have too much more points than if he play vs another good clan for an interesting match who will end at 4 - 3... This question was already asked.

wait the other team has to REQUEST that you loose when you violate a rule?!
- Indeed we can change the rule, it was made LOOOOONG time ago, because we wanted to let people free to choose other maps if their opponent is agree.

- FPS 125 to avoid 333 using, only 5% of players has a computer enough good, it's not fair.

- and about your other arrogant "constructive" advises :
[...]obvious[...]Rubbish
you have to know that rules are here IN CASE OF problem, and previous leagues and some other tournaments FAILED because of lack of rules and people didn't know what to do in case of some kind of situations.
Report Spam   Logged
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 01:23:50 »

I'm sorry I've offended you so much, at the moment of writing (and discovering it) I was just very surprised about it.
Will reply tommorow in more detail.
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 09:48:14 »

there was a LOT of discussions about PS37CTF
Sorry haven't seen.

No spectators for matches to avoid Mumble cheat (a lot of discussions was about it too)
Have seen something like that, still seems stupid.

/capturelimit 5 because we have a loooooot of matches to play, it will be a little bit more fair :
if 1 very good clan play vs 1 very new clan, and win 8 - 0 he will have too much more points than if he play vs another good clan for an interesting match who will end at 4 - 3...
Okay agree with that.

we wanted to let people free to choose other maps if their opponent is agree.
Then the idea behind it is good, though it wasn't really clear to me. Maybe note that in the rule which says that you have to play a map which is in the pool?

only 5% of players has a computer enough good [for 333fps], it's not fair.
Well I never got what was so unfair about it. It mostly makes you slower, only oa_ctf2 has an advantage but that map sucks anyway. In DM you can often reach better camping places with it, but thats newbish and actually forbidden too in this league.

But you were right most of my replies wasn't quite building crisicism but just nonsense. I was just surprised about all when I read the rules, and thought most ppl would be the same reading for example caplimit 5.. That rule is probably good, now I know the thought behind it. But as that isn't in the rules themselved or linked to, I think some will have the same idea.
And why I didn't post on oa-cl forum instead of here; well some things are not worth posting, and many others were probably not 'just set' but done with an idea behind it. Like with no spectators, I can argue but I won't likely change the idea behind the rule and so the rule doesn't change either. Not that I can change them remotely from here either, but if that was my goal I would have posted on the forum.
Though you are right, it was pretty arrogant what I posted. Maybe instead I should have asked explaination on oa-cl or something.

Btw about reading the rules before subscribing, I've spoken with two other administrators and neither of them actually read them Wink Thats another reason why I've stepped back from referee, too much rules to stick to. I'd wanna help, but this would just be reading god knows how many rules for each match (howto give scores for example).
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
MIOW
Now I've posted a bit

Awards: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 14:46:30 »

CPMA has FPS limited to 125 but you don't need even 125, it has fps-independant physics.

CPMA can allow to avoid cheating with voice communication software by speclock, but if all games will get streamed we possibly don't need spectators on the server.

I don't like the rule with capturelimit set to 5, also there could be 2 maps per match in CTF instead of 3 (will be more fair, since both teams choose one map and no need for complicated way of choosing 3rd map) and 10 rounds to win in Elimination instead of 5, otherwise games will be too short.

As for ps37ctf, I specially asked if someone finds it better than ps37ctf3 on oa-cl forum, but unfortunately noone replied anything.
Report Spam   Logged

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 15:18:44 »

if all games will get streamed we possibly don't need spectators on the server.
I thought the conclusion of that idea was that it wasn't possible?
Btw the same as for demo's, then you can't look at whoever you like.

As for ps37ctf, I specially asked if someone finds it better than ps37ctf3 on oa-cl forum, but unfortunately noone replied anything.
I'd have if i saw the topic Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

+--ignore-