Instant Own
March 28, 2024, 12:27:50
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ioclan.tk domain remains.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

Other games

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Other games  (Read 508 times)
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 36

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:54:13 »

How about playing some other games too? I’m sure ya all know Duke Nukem 3D Wink Released in 1996 but still kicks ass and chews bublegum Cheesy (‘its time to kick ass and chew bublegum, and im all out of gum’ is one of the most famous quotes from dukenukem). As far as I know there are no active players anymore, I only saw a online game with 2 players and some bots last year when I was going to play it with someone else. All development on remakes stoped (as fas as i know), but there are some free working versions for online, and probably a ton of maps too.

Or HoverRace. Released in 1997 by the famous software company Grokksoft.. Nah that is a lie noone knows the game Tongue (and the company quit 2/3 years later after HR being their only game). Though it was pretty populair at the time. I was just lucky to have an old demo CD I got once when I was a child. On that was hoverrace demo. I found the cd last year june 17th (that i remember that Shocked) and started playing and met the community (which is real small, and it gets smaller every year). The game is now being developed by one or two developers as free opensource software (didn’t hear from the second dev for months though), but at least is is making a bit progress. For example it now works in 32 bit mode so you don’t have to switch to 256 colors anymore Cheesy Disadvantage is that you need to forward ports, previously you needed to join a hamachi goup (hamachi is an program which makes the computer believe the others in the hamachigroup are in the same local-area-network as you. This way you can play games online which usually can only be played on LAN).
But seriously, I talk a bit joking about the game but multiplayer can still be real fun. Or trying to beat the best time ever recorded is a nice pasttime too Smiley If you would ever download it try the track The Alley 2, and beat the world record of 36seconds.... I didn’t get less than 48 so far Wink
Hmm I didn’t actually say yet what the game is.. Well you are a hovercraft(racer) and the craft can jump and shoot and use some items like cans for speed and rockets. The standard goal is to drive rounds as fast as possible, but there are tons of posibilities with this game. For example there are tracks for:
-standard racing from all dificulties
-hoverrace hockey, one player is the puck and 2 or 4 (we dont have more players :|) play
-football, similar to hockey but larger and faster
-golf, one player is the ball and another player bumps him (there is no damage in the game, even rockets make you only have no control a few secs)
-war, get the least hits and hit time most with your rockets Cheesy
-wrestling, there are some maps where you have a ring and you have to push the other player out
-sort of pong, you have two sides and you can shoot trough but not move through. The goal is to get the other team in the gap behind them.

POD. Actually we should send thousands of mails to ubisoft untill we finally can get or buy the original full vesion of it. That racing game is so awesome! Whipper knows what I’m talking about. I found this on the same CD that contained hoverrace, but it is a demo so no split screen or online. I can’t find the full version anywhere on the web (only some stupid remake). Men it would be so awesome if we could play that online XD

Or how about a more modern game maybe. Hmm another quake-engine based game like Call of Duty 2? You can play CoD2 free over the internet, if you know where to get your stuff at least Smiley I play it sometimes with another friend.
Cod6 (modernwarfare2) is cool too, but not everyone can run it and i can’t get it to play online yet. The lastest patch is not cracked yet. The other callofdutys suck so who wants cod2? Some guy even made a map of where I go to a lanparty every summer and it is an allright replica so I can show you Cheesy

If someone would like to we could also play RedAlert2 or Kane’s Wrath from the Command and Conquer series. Dunno if Tiberian Sun works online (or lan is good enough, hamachi fixes the gap between lan and internet).
Orr I got some NES emulator with supermario, if someone could get the multiplayer to work.. Cheesy

So what do you think, play some?
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 101

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 17:29:50 »

Cry Cry Cry i run with mac ( mac power!!!! Grin ) and i left some of these games when i left windows and now i'm only playing OA on the computer Smiley
But i also play on the playstation2 and i really love battlefront 1 and 2, and also.... Crash Bash!!! ( Tiny is one of the characters in this game Wink ) And i will continue later because i haven't so much time Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Don't kill this poor and tiny noob XD
Wh!pP3r
VIP
Posts faster than his shadow

Awards: 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 22:22:52 »

Ah...  memories...  Pod gold, red alert... my teenage... lol

I would be glad playing them again... nostalgicly SmileySmiley lool
Report Spam   Logged

IO*Wh!pP3r
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 07:51:13 »

http://www.hoverrace.com/downloads.x/HoverSetup1_23_1.exe
hoverrace Smiley
To play online you have to follow this guide
http://hoverrace.com/?page=unabletoconnect
or look at portforward.com for your router model. Of course I can help with any problems too Wink

Call of duty 2 http://www.easy-upload.nl/index.php/file/104b2884baebfc8
Is a torrent, so you need for example uTorrent to download it.

Duke Nukem 3D
http://www.easy-upload.nl/index.php/file/164b288509de8f7
rar file - unrar and open duke3d_w32.exe

RA2 is a bigger game, will take some time to upload so will do this evening

**runs to the bus**
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 20:02:21 »

red alert 2
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a11hf43/n/ra2.rar
dont know if its a direct link, just looked for some uploader for bigger files Wink
Extract the rar, and run ra2.exe. If it doesn't work, try running setup.bat and retry.
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 20:09:36 »

Sad Cry Cry i can't run this exe, i use an application to run exe files but it's not always working. Cry
But i will try to put this exe on my old windows Wink
Report Spam   Logged

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 20:52:48 »

those games are almost guaranteed to work on any pc, even my laptop can handle it (from 2001: 500MHz, 64MB RAM), so your old windows should be able to run it too Smiley If it has internet we can maybe play some time
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Wh!pP3r
VIP
Posts faster than his shadow

Awards: 9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 21:28:27 »

Haha!! Great!! thx RMF!!  I download it now SmileySmiley
Report Spam   Logged

IO*Wh!pP3r
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 08:12:24 »

those games are almost guaranteed to work on any pc, even my laptop can handle it (from 2001: 500MHz, 64MB RAM), so your old windows should be able to run it too Smiley If it has internet we can maybe play some time

Unfortunately he hasn't internet, i keep it because sometimes i use it to play some games like Star wars: Kotor, Jedy academy; Counter strike ( when i want to camp a bit Grin ), some emulators.... ( You know, i really love star wars games Cheesy Wink )
Report Spam   Logged

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 08:51:38 »

hehe ok Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
omgitszero
Regular visitor

Awards: 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 14:03:09 »

Crash Bash!!! ( Tiny is one of the characters in this game Wink )
O.o You got your name from Tiny Tiger? I love the game O.o Crash Bash kicks ass! There are more Crash games like crash team racing, nitro cart ('auto' racers) or the crash bandicoot 1,2,3. Best games EVER!

I had psx or ps1 dunno how to call.. I loved to play red alert  as well. Warcraft 3 and Red Alert are the best stategy games Smiley

ATM i have on my com the following games:

-OpenArena - hard to find a 'community' to play with.. usually i just find bots and newbs. :/ But if i find it, i love it to play Smiley

-HATE_QUAKELIVE - no problem with the community. But as i noticed, the ppl care too much with their profile. (when teams are unbalanced, f.e. 2v5, ppl dont change team...)

- Urban Terror - I just installed yesterday, q3 in counter strike style.. cool! im just a noob, but i really enjoy playing it. I dont think its good for competiting game, but its fun, for sure!

- Area51 - im just downloading, but it looks cool. Smiley It reminds me at halo a bit.

These are all FREE GAMES!!!

There is also
- CoD 4 (Modern Warfare) : The campaign is the best of all games! i havent played online, but the single player O.o

-Halo: combat envolved - another great singleplayer game. Didnt play online either, but the single is great. almost same lvl as mw. Smiley

-TimeShift - didnt play yet, its just installed, but SoSo (he is my real-life friend and an oa player) said its great Smiley

You can dl the most things at www [dot] isohunt [dot] com

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 21:02:58 by omgitszero » Report Spam   Logged
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 16:13:02 »

Crash Bash!!! ( Tiny is one of the characters in this game Wink )
O.o You got your name from Tiny Tiger? I love the game O.o Crash Bash kicks ass! There are more Crash games like crash team racing, nitro cart ('auto' racers) or the crash bandicoot 1,2,3. Best games EVER!

Yeah, it's from tiny tiger, he's my favourite character in crash bash, and i've got ALL the crash games Grin i love them so much, and i just finished crash bash entirely 5 months ago ( 200% Grin )

I also tries urban terror one time but there was nobody online so i stopped Grin i should try again Cheesy Wink
Report Spam   Logged

omgitszero
Regular visitor

Awards: 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 21:07:53 »

Noone online? O.o There are always online! Cheesy This morning i had some time and checked the servers.. OA: about 10-12 NA players.. Urban Terror: bah dunno, about 5 european server full, and in about 15 sv 6-7 players around. Cheesy (checked just eu ctf servers) And i say again, this was at morning! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 22:06:53 »

@tiny, I think the masterserver was down when u tried, there are always players on UrT Wink
-The_fucking_only_sencored_word_And_you_have_to_post_it???
Mwuahahahahha Cool

Hmm at the moment I have these games:
OA*, DN3D, trackmania nations, quake 4, COD1, COD2* (play only multiplayer), COD4 (only installer) COD5 (installer), COD6*, Borderlands, CNC tib dawn, CNC tib sun, CNC ra, CNC3TW, CNC3KW*, Fallout3, Dirt2*, Crysis, NFS prostreet, NFS shift, NFS undercover, race driver GRID*, spore, UrT, UT03, Tom Clancy's HAWX, Super Mario Bros 1 ('86), Prototype, Hoverrace, POD, Tetris (some minigame4when ur bored@school), Flatout 2, Hot Wheels Bash Arena, Mirror's edge, UT03demo, UT04demo, GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTA-VC, GTA-SA, GTA4, RA2+yuri, RA3beta, Battlefield 1942 Multiplayer Demo, Age of empires 1, Age of mytholligy, Portal, Ski Resort Tycoon, Rollercoaster tycoon 1 + 2 + expansion, Zoo tycoon, Leadfoot demo, Q3arena, Kart 2000, Jazz Jack Rabbit, Counter-strike source, arma2, bioshock, FUEL, Hexxagon, Lost planet, MX vs ATV unleashed, Empire earth, Ragdoll masters, Far Cry 2, Crysis warhead and Assassins creed. (67 total, but i can be one or two off i was too lazy to count good Tongue)
Then some games for my brother's NDSi, and some for a GBA and NES emulator.
The games I actually play at my pc have an asteriks (=*), for the others I either have no time, I play them at my laptop when bored at school (but only because the laptop has 500MHz; onboard gpu; 64MB RAM), or I don't like them but im too lazy to delete them.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 22:11:53 by RMF » Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 08:17:01 »

Well, that's a lot of games, idk how many games i have ( computer, ps2-ps3-ps1 Grin, NDSI, wii ) but it's a lot, prolly more than you luc Grin Wink but i don't play all of them Undecided ( not enough time Cheesy )
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

+--ignore-