Instant Own
March 29, 2024, 17:13:09
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ioclan.tk domain remains.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

vagabondBGC

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: vagabondBGC  (Read 509 times)
vagabondBGC
Regular visitor

Awards: 3

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2010, 14:41:32 »

Hi,

RMF's crystal ball doesn't make mistakes Wink

yesterday an opportunity for me occured to play OA in the evening on my sisters' PC.
I had a great fun thanks to you, guys. And now, after you have seen me not only writing in english, but also playing our game, I think it's time to send my application, cause I'd like MADLY to be a member of IO Smiley

My name is Maciek, vagabondBGC in OA, I am 26, I live in the same region of Poland as my friend-cousin Michal - Upper Silesia, famous for mining industry (but we don't have many proximity mines here Wink )

I play OA for about year, but my relationship whith fpp shooters is MUCH longer. I've started with wolf 3d, and swallowed all ID games later till Q4 (which sucked, and was made but Raven not ID Wink). I had a long break after Q3. Then HATE_QUAKELIVE appeared. I've been playing it a little and one day my sister's boyfriend told my bout OA. I tried it... and gave up HATE_QUAKELIVE. I find OA to be much more enjoyable game with nicer community factor.
I tried almost all free fps (Nexuiz, Alien Arena, World of Padman, Urban Terror, Sauerbaten, Smoking Guns, Warsow), they're mostly good, but OA is far better Smiley (Warsow is really cool game, but still not so fun as OA).

I like insta, but I think all weapon is also cool. Rocket launcher and shotgun are classic Smiley
I have to learn a lot about tactics and teamplay in CTF, but I'm ready for that.
And... my short adventure with HATE_QUAKELIVE taught me that clan arena is a very fun mode, worth trying Wink

As far as computer games are concerned I am a diehard fan of point n click adventure games, especially old 2d classisc from LucasArts (Monkey Island series for example).
Recently I've started to play Civilization IV. Damn, this game is deadly immersive! And Civ V will be published on autumn 2010 Smiley
Sometimes - with Michal - we still play duels in Sensible World of Soccer, the greatest sport game ever.

Beyond the computers...
Like Michal - yes we have very much in common Smiley - I am a philologist of classical languages, I love to read and write Smiley
I play violin a little - kind of hobby, I'm not too good in that. I listen to the music of course - old british punk rock, irish folk, classical music, jazz and few polish bands you prolly never heard about (ok, Michal knows all of them Wink).
I've been practicing martial arts (kung-fu) for 4 years, I stopped when my son was born and I don't have time for that now and not sure if I'll ever come back.
It's totally irrelevant but I am a psycho follower of a canadian basketball player Steve Nash. Shame he doesn't play OA (prolly Smiley )

My wife and I have 1,5 years old son and we are still waiting for workers to finish redecorating our new place Smiley

So... You know something about me now.
It'd be great if you accept me in your clan. This month I can't promise anything, but in March and later I will be able to play regularly.

Take care, hope to see U soon on servers!
Waiting impatiently for your answer...

edit: ahahahahhahaha - HATE_QUAKELIVE SmileySmiley nice...
Report Spam   Logged

- You fight like a dairy farmer!
- How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 36

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 15:29:45 »

Well as you know I'm for letting you in Wink

Just wondering, where does the name vagabondBGC come from?
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
stranger
Regular visitor

Awards: 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 15:45:17 »

Well, you probably know, that I am all for Maciek too, as he is my real life best friend, and as we have spent over a decade fighting it out in FPSes of quake sort...

I know I'm just a regular member, and one, who only wins matches with Luc in the team, still - Just wanted to say - I'm all 4!

However, I'm not sure if I have told you about this totally amazing and exceptional birthday dates coincidence  ;-D
Report Spam   Logged

They say it was a weather baloon...
vagabondBGC
Regular visitor

Awards: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 16:37:52 »

Thx for nice words, goodwill ppl!

@RMF

The story behind my nick is rather boring, but since you ask... Smiley

When I was about 10 I was playing an adventure game Alone in the Dark (today we'd say it's action-adventure). It was a horror game, about abandoned mansion full of ghosts and evil power, creepy.
Main character was walking, searching and collecting items (more adventure than action:), and he found some old diary. The word "vagabond" was recurring in this diary.
Game was creep and my english crappy, so I didn't know what it meant. But I LOVED sound of this word. So later I checked in dictionary and its meaning was perfect Smiley I started to use it in every game later (for insance driver name in racing games and so on). MUCH later it was obvious for me to use it also in Quake 1. I'm accustomed to it.

For BGC.  In the internet wersion of Quake 3 you don't like here Smiley "vagabond" was already occupied when I registered, so I had to make this addition. BGC origin: BoGuCice - it's the district of my city I live in.
but there's no point to use that addition in OA. So if you eventually take me to the clan, I'd rather stick to just "vagabond". with BGC there are too many letters.
Report Spam   Logged

- You fight like a dairy farmer!
- How appropriate. You fight like a cow!
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 101

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 16:41:07 »

I know I'm just a regular member, and one, who only wins matches with Luc in the team
Hum... don't you forget any guy?? Cry Cry ( i guess you won't win for long without him Grin )
Report Spam   Logged

Don't kill this poor and tiny noob XD
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 16:42:30 »

Well, unfortunately i don't know you really well maciek Cry
But i can guess ( if you're michal's best friend ) that you're as nice as michal Tongue Cheesy
It seems luc is ok too, so.... i'm ok Grin Wink
Report Spam   Logged

drunken
Posts faster than his shadow

Awards: 32

rookie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 17:52:54 »

Mhmhm
hmhmh
mhhmmsexmhmhm
okay for me :-)
i am this Summer 2 weeks in strzelce. Wanna Drink some Wodka with Michal and you :-) its only 30 km Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 18:37:46 »

Oo you **** lucky bastard adrian Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Wh!pP3r
VIP

Awards: 9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 18:43:44 »

@Adrian: Nice! lucky man, i'd be glad meeting any of u irl Smiley Tiny shall be easely possible... Wink  Heu... wich period would u meet?? and where? ... Wink

@Maciek:  I also don't really know u well, but u wrote a nice application and it brought me good feeling about you; the same i had for Michal (and i don't regret Wink )

Well, everybody (but Timo.... Timo?? Tiiimmmoooo???  Wink  oh, and Christian... Chrissss?Huh??? Smiley ) accepted u. And it would be a great surprise if they were against... lloll

So, following the majority (included 3leaders's) decision, I'm glad to announce you're now part of the IOclan!!!

Warm Welcome !!!!!

^IO^Vagabon*

Oh, btw, colors here are just a suggestion, u ofc can change them.  and have u got an msn?? WinkWink
Report Spam   Logged

IO*Wh!pP3r
drunken

Awards: 32

rookie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 18:53:48 »

@Charly

i dont talk with the guys about it.. but i am end of July or the first two weeks in august in poland..
i was born there (live in germany), but my parents have a house in silesia (lives in germany too,8km away from me) :-))
Report Spam   Logged
diho
Active poster

Awards: 21

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 18:56:15 »

Well ofcourse I have no problems with letting you in Cheesy 
So also from me : Welcome in the team Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Tiny
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Fear Chickens!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 18:58:22 »

@ Charly: Ramènes toi tout de suite ( ou la semaine prochaine ) c'est les vacs pour moi!! Grin Grin

@ Adrian: Why don't you want to come in the most beautiful place in the world, the Landes, in France Tongue Grin

@ Maciek:  Just...... WARM WELCOME!!!!

Perhaps you can just use vagabond for nickname ( i find BGC a bit too long Grin )
Report Spam   Logged

RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 20:02:25 »

The story behind my nick is rather boring, but since you ask... Smiley

When I was about 10 I was playing an adventure game Alone in the Dark (today we'd say it's action-adventure). It was a horror game, about abandoned mansion full of ghosts and evil power, creepy.
Main character was walking, searching and collecting items (more adventure than action:), and he found some old diary. The word "vagabond" was recurring in this diary.
Game was creep and my english crappy, so I didn't know what it meant. But I LOVED sound of this word. So later I checked in dictionary and its meaning was perfect Smiley I started to use it in every game later (for insance driver name in racing games and so on). MUCH later it was obvious for me to use it also in Quake 1. I'm accustomed to it.

For BGC.  In the internet wersion of Quake 3 you don't like here Smiley "vagabond" was already occupied when I registered, so I had to make this addition. BGC origin: BoGuCice - it's the district of my city I live in.
but there's no point to use that addition in OA. So if you eventually take me to the clan, I'd rather stick to just "vagabond". with BGC there are too many letters.
Hm I don't find it a boring story, actually interresting to see where ppl get their nicks from Tongue

Anyway welcome man Wink
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
stranger
Regular visitor

Awards: 5

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 22:48:17 »

@Simon
I know I'm just a regular member, and one, who only wins matches with Luc in the team
Hum... don't you forget any guy?? Cry Cry ( i guess you won't win for long without him Grin )

Well... (some say I like this word) I never wanted to upset you Simon. I know you're a great player. I made my joke about Luc, because in the pics he posted from yesterday you could observe that "fatal law" of RMFness of all my wins, and RMFlessness of all my losses Smiley never meant anything more by that. Though - I do mean to improve and be able to have equal matches at some point ;-) what's the point of joining the clan if you don't want to do that?

Anyway, I respect your skills and still remember getting killed non stop on that map with stupid colors on which you showed me pushing for the first time. (I still think it sounds gay)

@Adrian

I'm no heavy drinker either, but would love to meet even in as exotic for all the clan (including me) place as Strzelce.

And later, who knows? Maybe we'll all meet in one place and start jumping around making stupid "ding, ding" railing noises ;-)
Report Spam   Logged

They say it was a weather baloon...
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 23:06:51 »

michal michal chill, i bet you never upset simon in any way Wink He likes to whine ^^
Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

+--ignore-