Instant Own
April 20, 2024, 11:38:00
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ioclan.tk domain remains.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

ads on the forum and firefox fixing that

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ads on the forum and firefox fixing that  (Read 140 times)
RMF
Clan leaders
Should i stop?

Awards: 36

Rest in pieces!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2009, 18:03:22 »

There are two ways to disable the ads on this website:
One. Pay. Yeah **** I'm not gonna pay, even if I wanted to I can't (got no online banking account or whatever you would need for that).
Second. Download a decent webbrowser. It's called firefox with the addon 'adblock plus'. It blocks any ads from any website (or at least 99% according to my experience). click here for firefox, here for adblock plus and here for adblock plus guide

So you may choose to either view the ads or use a better browser. Your choise Wink

btw now you are using firefox, I can recommend some more addons. One is autopager (just google it or search in the mozila addons database), it loads the next page of search results under the first one without you touching a button. Goes automaticly when you scroll further down Smiley
Another useful one is ErrorZilla Plus, when a website cannot be reached you now got several more options.
Hyperwords is handy to quickly translate something or lookup a definition. Select something, rightclick, and select for example translate from english to dutch. The word will be translated in seconds and replaces the old word without you needing to leave the webpage.
Resizable textarea allows you to resize textareas, so for example where you type replies in on forums. Really nice if you make longer posts Smiley
'google.cmo' he damnit i meant .com of course. Well the 'URL fixer' addon knows this and auto-fixes the typo!
Thumbnail expander is also a handy thing, just hover over a link which leads to a picture and the picture will popup within the webpage. Move the mouse and it just disappears again!
Text link. Know that when people post plain text links which you have to first select, then copy, then open a new tab and then paste the link and then goto the link.. sigh just install this addon and you doubleclick on the text-link and it auto-opens in a new tab!

Those are imo the most usefull addons, I got a ton more myself but those are just personal and it could be that you don't like them. Install those above and you will never ever want to go back to another browser without all of this Cool
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 18:13:35 by RMF » Report Spam   Logged

^IO^RMF

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+--ignore-